top of page


The Museum dates back to 1922, when Hugh and Frank built on family land. In good island style re-use of materials was put into practise. The kauri timber and materials washed ashore following the SS Wiltshire ship wreck became the backbone of the house. (Both men had been involved in the successful rescue of all those on board the stricken vessel - including the ship’s cat. 

bottom of page